Designed in 1969, the original Neve 2254 mono Limiter/Compressor unit quickly became a legend. Discrete, Class A design and transformer-coupled circuits ¬ used in the input, innovative bridge-driver design, side-chain and output stages ensured a totally unique sound. The original 2254 units are still sought after, decades after production stopped, and they remain one of the milestone pieces of studio equipment.
Not only does it retain the original 2254fs unique sonic characteristics – using the same architecture, matching components and original hand-wound transformers – but enhances it with the features that modern-day producers and engineers have asked for.
• Classic mono limiter/compressor made to the exacting late-1960s design
• Hand-made in Burnley, England using original Neve specification transformers
• Original Neve 2254 discrete, Class A circuit design
• Transformer-coupled circuits used in Input, Bridge-driver, Side-chain and Output stages
• Manual Fast Attack Time adjustment and transparent level control
• Independent Limiter In/Out and Compressor In/Out selection
• Total bypass switch
• Multiple units can be linked together to provide multi-unit side-chain control from a single unit
• Compatible with Neve Total RecallTM software, simply connect the 2254/R using USB to a host
PC or Mac running Neve Recall software• Ratio: N/A 1.5:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1 or 6:1
• Gain: N/A da 0 a +20dB in step da 2dB